Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Friendbar

I wanted a way to post messages to Twitter and Facebook simultaneously. However, I did not want to install anything on my computer. Whenever possible, I avoid installing programs and try to utilize online tools.

I found Friendbar.

Friendbar is an add-on for Firefox. From their website:

Friendbar makes it easy to keep in touch with friends on Facebook and Twitter. It displays a running stream of text and photo updates from Facebook and Twitter right on the browser toolbar, and allows you to post updates and reply from the browser toolbar itself.

Friendbar is just what I was looking for, and more.

Photos posted to Facebook are displayed as thumbnails on the Friendbar taskbar. I can post to Facebook or Twitter or both. URLs are automatically shortened. There is a Quick Post button for sending a link to the website you are on. There is a Dice button that will take you to a random popular website, reminiscent of StumbleUpon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment