Sunday, November 22, 2009

Diigo Glitch

When it comes to online bookmarking, the big two are Diigo and Delicious.  Me, I use Diigo.  I have contemplated switching over to Delicious; however, until now, Diigo has satisfied my needs.  If it’s not broken then don’t fix it.  Until now.

I have recently discovered a glitch on Diigo.   

The glitch is this: sometimes, I cannot delete a tag.  I am not the only person who has experienced this problem.  It is not a major glitch, it is not unforgiveable, but it is irritating.  I could easily learn to live with it, but why should I?  If a consumer can easily switch to a competitor, then the consumer’s standards become very high.  If Diigo does not rectify the bug in their system, is this an indicator of their carelessness?  Will future glitches appear, and will they also be ignored?

It offends the OCD in me that I cannot tidy up my tag list.  I want my bookmarks to be well organized, so that I can easily access them.  Isn’t that the point of bookmarks?  I don’t want an unruly list of tags.

So, we will see.  I think I will give Diigo a few more days grace, then I will make the big switch.

Photo by DannyMcL.

0 comments:

Post a Comment