Friday, October 30, 2009

ClassMarker

In an effort to reduce the usage of paper in my classes and to streamline the assessment process, I wanted to find a way to administer quizzes online.

The first site that I signed up with was ProProfs Quiz School.  This is a good site.  I wrote about it on this blog a month ago.

I have a couple of criticisms of ProProfs.

Firstly, students do not create accounts.  Therefore, the marks that a particular student receives on a series of tests are not centralized.  Therefore, finding the scores for a student requires examining the scores for each test one by one.http://www.classmarker.com/

Secondly, students cannot go back and review their answers.  One of my students complained that he hated my online quizzes because he could not go back.  If a student accidently clicks the wrong button, then their mistake is irreversible.

I found a new website that has all of the features of ProProfs, plus it solves the two aforementioned problems.  Students must create an account; therefore, all their scores can be viewed on a single page.  And, there is an option to allow students to go back when they are taking a quiz.

The site is ClassMarker.

0 comments:

Post a Comment