Tuesday, April 28, 2009

iGoogle

One of the recurring themes in teaching is organization / planning.

I have made it one of my resolutions to hone my organization.

With this goal in mind, I recently brought together my digital life on iGoogle; and I'm glad I did.

iGoogle allows you to plug gadgets onto your home page. Now, instead of surfing to different sites, the sites I want come to me. In a way, it is similar to the harvesting concept of Google Reader.

I had been utilizing Sunbird as a calendar application offline, but it has bugs, I discovered. Now, I use the Google Calendar gadget on my homepage.

I have a Facebook gadget, so I don't need to surf over to Facebook.

I have a gadget for my Yahoo Mail account, and another for my Gmail account.

As well, I have a gadget with a To-Do list, and a gadget with my most frequently used bookmarks.

I have a Google Reader gadget.

In fact, I am writing this post from the comfort of my iGoogle page, using a Blogger gadget.

0 comments:

Post a Comment